From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:36:32 -0700
I think the only people who have issues with Steve's post are the ones
> who responded too quickly before checking the facts or asking for more
> information in order to form an intelligent, thoughtful response.

No KIDDING!  What were THEY thinking?  When someone posts a question that is
completely unclear, I think it should be incumbent upon everyone on this
Listserv to 'check the facts' from the poster before providing an answer or
suggestion, such as that they should check with the provider of the
application for assistance.

...and without all doubt, all responses should be thoughtful... sort of like
when you want to ask 2 people to participate in a teleconference, to send
that 'thoughtful response' to the entire list.

> It was a simple request for information and, within minutes, it was
> implied that the client and/or Steve hadn't done due diligence or was
> using the wrong approach.  If I had been in Steve's shoes, I'd be really
> insulted by now.

Actually, there was no implication that they hadn't done due diligence,  but
it would certainly seem as if they had, they wouldn't be asking this
question through a consultant they hired now... OOPS... my bad, they didn't
ask it...  the guy that you're insinuating should be really insulted did!

> If there are any future CA Records Managers users out there, feel free
> to contact me off line and I'll be happy to introduce you to members of
> the CA Records manager group.

Which would have probably been a good course for advice early on... and if
this client had bee running earlier versions of CA, as we were later
informed, it's surprising they weren't aware this group existed.

 We have highly intelligent, constructive,
> energetic conversations about lots of business processes and we don't
> ask you questions about your client's due diligence that are none of our
> business.

Man, what a great group of folks.  Sounds like something some of the wise
asses around here should get involved in that hip-shoot when answering
questions as they were asked instead of 'checking the facts' first.

puuuuuhhhhhhleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.....

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA