From:
Vladimir Alfaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:27:49 +0000
Hello All!

We are looking at the possibility of merging with the office services dept. (mailroom). While I am not 100% looking forward to this merger – basically because I believe that we have worked hard to become a strategic discipline that plays an important role in the daily operations of the company (not saying that the mailroom is not important – but for sure it is not RIM), but we must do what we have to do to survive in this economic climate.

In preparing for this merger, what are the most important steps we need to take to ensure a smooth integration?

I have noted these steps:

Review all the dept's responsibilities/tasks and that of individual staff members.

Review past year mailroom staff reviews (this should give me an idea of the strengths' of the staff and group them accordingly).

I plan to select someone from the mailroom staff who will report directly to one of my RIM Managers. What I hope to gain by this is to transfer the importance of RIM culture to the new manager and for the new manager to recognize it and apply it accordingly. Of course, this would also help in avoiding clashes - as the new manager is one of them.

Any assistance, ideas, etc., are much appreciated.

Vlad