From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:10:20 -0400
I may be naiive, but this would be an interesting opportunity to model mail
room CONTENT delivered and the costs, processes, and impacts from
deliverying hardcopy with the content, costs, processes, etc. associated
with delivering mail by email, attachment, Web site postings, etc.

Example: What is the cost per letter/object delivered by postal receipt
services?  Then dare IT to come up with some similar figures for e-mails,
attachments, Web sites, etc.

It might not be easy, but it could create a model whereby management directs
all first class letter correspondence not requiring a physical signature to
transition to email and attachments. Of course, there would still be boxes,
large packages, and the occasional rolled drawing that might not be easily
squeezed through some computer's port, but even those objects could be
analyzed for better transmission management.

Now that I have created a nightmare of extra work for you, you can go ahead
and shoot me.

John

John T. Phillips
MSLS, CRM, CDIA, FAI