From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:46:34 -0800
Gordon;

You can teach a discipline.

Professional Records Managers often use vendors to help them do their jobs.

Consultants of records management teach, design, help implement and fix the
records management systems, procedures and disciplines of a company.

As a Senior Records Management Consultant/Analyst delivering operational
improvement and risk reduction strategies to business and government, are
you not also a Records Management Vendor?

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954
www.linkedin.com/in/johnrglover

Philadelphia.

> At a conference session this morning, I heard a vaunted content
management consultant use the phrase "Records Management Vendor".  I
bristled!

> While vendors sell useful tools with RIM functionality, to me, the phrase
"Records Management Vendor" is an oxymoron.

> Records Management is a discipline, not a product.  You can't sell a
discipline, only the tools to practice it.

> Unfortunately, this is an example of how many ECMers misunderstand RIM.
AIIM is focused on selling products to make money.

> While RIM must always consider economics, and we need to build a business
case for our work, our first goal is to get it right, that is, meet the
goals and needs of our organizations.

> Gordy Hoke
> Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
> http://gejhoke.googlepages.com
> T: 1.507.534.2293

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.