From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:02:24 -0400
Hello- My name is Larry Medina and I haven't had a drink since...

WHOA!!

Sorry wrong group! =)    Well, I'd like to welcome all of the newly
introduced folks to the List as well.  Nice to see that some of you have
taken the opportunity to scour the List archives and see what type of GREAT
information is out here, and also to wade in ankle deep along the shoreline
to test the temperature before plunging in head first!

(and great to see you here Paul!!)

A few things to think about-

When responding to a post, think about the audience- a typical response goes
back to the list, and hits 1600+ mailboxes.  If what you want to say is in
direct response to one person, think about responding to them directly
instead.

If you're posting a question that you'd like some "audience participation"
on, don't post it on a Friday, especially in the afternoon, because it may
get missed or buried in the weekend posts... so consider holding it until
the beginning of the week.

Last suggestion, if you post a question and get a lot of off-line replies,
consider collecting them into one message and posting them back to the list
so we can all benefit from them.

For those of you who may not know, there are a couple of Yahoo Groups that
were set up years back that are used for off-topic discussions, or even on
topic ones that may get rather lengthy in exchanges, which makes it a bit
easier for folks to wade back through them.

The addresses for those are:

Both of them have around 400 messages in them, but the activity is rather
limited, all the same, you may find some things of interest or value to you
in the discussions or the "files " areas.

Truth be known, one of these was setup as a place for the BBQ Sauce and
Chili Wars to move to at one point in time when folks were getting a little
out of hand.

RIM Resources was set up when people wanted to post documents to the list,
but the nature of a listserv disallows that type of behavior, so it gave a
place to park files for others to access and eliminate the need for one
poster to send it to 1600 individuals =)

Okay, well it's almost time for me to go get a drink....errr.... nice cool
glass of filtered water 8^P

Larry