From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:14:04 -0400
Amy:

In March of 2008 there was a presentation at our local ARMA Chapter relating to the implementation entitled, "GAO's Enterprise Electronic Records Management System."  As I remember, they implemented a Big Bucket Schedule that has three buckets.  From my notes they are:

Mission - 5 year retention from the close of the case/file · This bucket holds Testimony, Engagement & Investigation Case Files, Engagement Management Files

Policy & Special Collections - Permanent or Long-term retention - This bucket holds Agency Reports & Publications, Legal Decisions, Historically Significant Engagement Files, Agency Directives,
Senior Executive Files

Administrative - 7 year retention from the close of file or end of year - This bucket holds · Budget, Building & Property Management, Congressional Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Finance,
Freedom of Information Act, Library Services, Human Capital, Information Systems & Technology, Procurement, Safety, Travel, Etc.

Hope this helps.  If you need any additional information, contact me and I will try to put you in touch with someone from the organization that gave the presentation.  I know they were on the list late last year (they posted a position they had available in October)

Tod Chernikoff, CRM