From:
Vivienne Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:04:56 +0200
Hello,

I have been a passive member of the group for just over two years but this
is my first public posting.  My  personal history in a nutshell: I was
born in UK, come from a library background,  re-trained in records
management a few years ago, and currently work in a records and archives
management position in The Netherlands.

My question to the list is as follows:

We are considering the use of RFID tags for tracking individual documents.
 Essentially we would tag each document in our collection (ca 50,000 and
growing) and would make use of the bulk scan function to speed up periodic
inventory controls.

I have spoken with several libraries that use RFID but have only managed
to locate one firm that uses the technology for managing records (located
in Singapore).  Does anyone have experience with RFID or know of a
records/archives management programmes that has used the technology?

Thanks for your help
Vivienne

Vivienne Robertson
Archives Officer
Document Registration and Archive Unit
OPCW - The Hague

This email and any attached documents contain OPCW related information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify immediately the sender and delete this message and any attached documents from your system.