From:
"Enns, Lois" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:50:45 -0700
Hello everyone,

I've been involved in our municipality's PCI certification project for
about a year. This is an IT-run project, with RM contributions. There
are about 250 requirements for PCI but most relate to IT, terminal and
staff security.

For quick reference, the RM focus is sections 3.1, 4.2, 7.1, 8.1, 9.2,
9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.4, 9.7, 9.8, 9.9 and 9.10.

Our RM contributions have been around the Merchant Slips, which are
created using about 75 terminals in about 20 locations. For starters,
the card number was masked on Merchant Slips and we validated the
companies involved in the movement of the boxed records (courier,
storage vendor, shredding).

There was a push to move the retention to 18 months but after we
reviewed our internal/external audit policies, there was a group
decision to hold at 7 years (risk management and finance were strongly
in favour).

We are rolling in the PCI/RM activities to our RM Manual (for example,
the business units are required to phone the Records Centre before
shipping boxes) and will underline this in our fall RM workshops. The
appropriate section of the RM Manual will be quoted in the final,
approved, PCI Corporate Policy.

Thought this would be helpful for anyone who's being asked to
collaborate on PCI.

Regards,
Lois

LOIS ENNS | RECORDS MANAGER

CITY OF SURREY
Legislative Services Division
14245 56 Ave, Surrey, BC, Canada V3X 3A2
P 604 591-4554 | 604 591 8731 www.surrey.ca