From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:20:00 +1000
I agree. This thread has depressed me no end. I've been around the IT part
of RM and libraries for a long time, and doing it yourself is never the best
way. You end up with something amateurish, undevelopable, unsupported and,
if true costs are counted, not just cash costs, overly expensive.

AKA isn't expensive. A low end Trim license isn't expensive. At least, not
expensive if you put as much effort into the business case as you would into
doing it yourself. And if you do, there is an additional benefit: your
bosses will have a much better appreciation of the professionalism of their
RM staff.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.