From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:02:32 -0400
Thanks for providing this Dwight

The results, as you say, were very interesting.  And in this case, I think
they did a good job of framing the questions and providing adequate choices
for answers, including "don't know" and "refuse to answer"... and they
seemed to gather sufficient demographic and other data to clearly identify
where the respondents were coming from, with respect to their personal
exposure to the topic.

It would have been nice if the intro to the survey had provided a little
more information for respondents as to what an EMR/EHR consisted of, how the
information was gathered, and who would be responsible for maintaining it.
But I think given the nature of the parties conducting the survey, it would
have been tough to truly provide an objective intro =)

It also seems that the selection of respondents was done in a very objective
manner, so there was a wide spread of possible answers.

One thing that was very interesting to me was that half of the respondents
said their physicians were presently entering information into a computer
during the visit, and also that 84% of the respondents said they had medical
insurance coverage... so these two may go hand in hand.

Also, most of the respondents expect their insurance to pay the cost of
EHR/EMR adoption and management but more than half of them said their
insurance costs had gone up in the past year.... wonder if they realize that
will be exacerbated by the adoption of these systems??

After all stimulus $$ won't be here forever, right??

Larry