From:
Susan Beamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:12:13 -0700
Hi all, I work for a small, private manufacturing company in eastern
Washington State.  We have our own off-site storage.  We are ready to do
destruction via shredding for the boxes of records that have met their
retention periods.  We are currently working out the details to have the
shredding company come do the shredding on-site.  I am having a bit of
challenge with our facilities people and the shredding company about who
should do what and pay for what part.  I suppose part of the problem is
this is not a populated area and so large volume (I realize large volume
is relative!), on-site shredding may not be a common occurrence.  The
volume is about 622 boxes.  I think the company has to come from at 40-80
miles one way.   This company does our once a week regular shredding bin
pick up and shred on-site to each of the buildings.

Currently the shredding company wants our people to bring the records to
the ground floor and provide one person to load the boxes into shred bins.
 They will have two people running the bins back and forth to the trucks.

Anyone who has done large volume, on-site shredding of records, would you
contact me?  I want to know what to expect the shredding company to do and
what we do and who pays for what.  They did say they would do it in
one-two days.

Thanks for the help.
Susan Beamer, Records Manager
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.