From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:48:51 -0400
Michel, off-site storage of inactive records (I assume that's why you're using the term 'archiving') is almost always less expensive than on-site storage.

It may also be more secure (if that is important to you), as the records are normally stored in boxes that are identified only by a unique container number, which ties into more detailed information in a controlled-access records management database.

In addition, a properly-designed storage facility will have fire-detection and fire-suppression systems appropriate to the storage of high fuel-load materials (offices normally do not).

With respect to your question about "quality control of records", it's not clear to me what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Best regards.