From:
"A.S.E. Fairfax" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:39:37 -0700
Susan,  The state of Washington contracts with ReCall, and that contract is
also a public record if you wish to review what public offices expect to do,
and what ReCall has agreed to.  Your costs as a private firm will be
substantially higher for the same services.  I use ReCall in my work, and
they empty bins which we fill.  These bins are relatively small 64 gallon
containers, which hold about 8 records cartons each.  They are easy to move
and this is their standard offering.  You may not use them for film,
magnetic media, and other plastic records "repositories". This must be
segregated for pick up.  The staff of the recycling company handles all the
bins, but we are responsible for filling them, and centralizing them to as
few locations as makes sense on our campus. They grumble a bit, but do
wrestle bins up from one basement that is not equipped with an elevator.
Their trucks have a pair of operators, and it does take both of them to
manage this particular pick-up. We are most grateful that they do this for
us, even though we pay for their services.

I am sure this one stop is one of their least favorite runs.

A.S.Elizabeth Fairfax, MA, CA
Island County Records and Information Management Program
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
x5569