From:
Paul Wadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 04:09:42 -0700
Ben,

To me there is only one Ozzie and that's Ozzie Osborne, myself being an English transplant in the US and originating from the London area I say "Mate" alot which means people think I'm Australian, which as you would know if you were called English would probably ruffle your feathers too...  So to me an Aussie is an Aussie and not an Ozzie..

Finally I hope no one asked responds asking you to explain cricket, because I've tried at work and when you say a game can last 5 days they get a little confused, plus they will never understand that a bowler bowls and doesn't pitch, and field placements forget it, try explaining a backward square leg, a short leg or silly mid off, they are completely blown then...

Paul