From:
Linda Buss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 18:23:08 +0000
Dwight,

I agree that drafts in the areas of land use and planning are significant when the plans change.  The same holds for engineering drawings.  The red-lines are useful when following the decision trail when a firm modifies a design.  The thought process (and justification to modify the design) from concept to production is often important evidence during product failure lawsuits.  In one engineering firm in which I worked, we kept the red-lined engineering drawings as long as the keep samples to support the company's justification for modifying a design in the event of such a product failure.

Linda Buss, MA, CRM