From:
"Cooper, Dawn R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 16:33:36 -0500
Let me clarify again.  Nowhere in my original post did I say that I asked NARA about this issue.  When finding records that aren't in a RCS, then I have to fill out a Records Inventory Form, which asks this question: Does the series have an approved disposition authority?  Answer Yes or No.

Yes: (List the schedule and item number, give the current disposition instructions, and justify any proposed changes.)

No: (Propose an appropriate retention period.)

That completed Records Inventory Form is attached to the SF15 when submitted NARA.  I apologize if I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Again, sorry to the folks that aren't Federal agencies.  I just want to acknowledge that I enjoy and am glad that I can network with fellow Records Managers outside the Federal arena.   Now let's all have a group hug!!

Dawn Cooper
Program Assistant
National CMOP IT Program Office
3675 E. Britannia Dr.