From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 13:31:36 -0400
During another discussion about the GAO about a month ago I posted the following from my notes at my local ARMA Chapter meeting.  It is the basics of the GAO BBT schedule.  IIRC for those records which do not fit into any of the buckets, they rely on the GRS.

Mission - 5 year retention from the close of the case/file · This bucket holds Testimony, Engagement & Investigation Case Files, Engagement Management Files

Policy & Special Collections - Permanent or Long-term retention - This bucket holds Agency Reports & Publications, Legal Decisions, Historically Significant Engagement Files, Agency Directives,
Senior Executive Files

Administrative - 7 year retention from the close of file or end of year - This bucket holds · Budget, Building & Property Management, Congressional Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Finance,
Freedom of Information Act, Library Services, Human Capital, Information Systems & Technology, Procurement, Safety, Travel, Etc.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM