From:
Janet Wendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:32:50 -0700
I risk dating myself here, but when I got married in 1966, all I had to do to change my name with Social Security was to walk to their office (on my lunch hour!), show my marriage certificate, and the lady clerk at the desk typed me a new card!  Try that today, and you will spend half the day waiting and then they will send you a card in the mail, weeks later.

Janet Wendt
National Wildlife Research Center
Fort Collins CO  80524