From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:11:07 -0400
2 points
1) When I mentioned that GARP was RMs GAAP, our C level immediately
supported any and all endeavors we may make to align our RM program with
the GARP principles (where $$$ allows).  We have been GAAP "compliant"
for years and years, and the similarities were quickly recognized.

2) For ARMA members who want more info or who want to ask questions an
ARMA web seminar is scheduled:

Title: Generally Accepted Recordkeeping PrinciplesSM: The Key to Your
Organization's Success
Experience Level: 3
Competency Domain: Business Functions
Facilitator: Fred Pulzello, CRM
Registration Deadline: 12:00 p.m. (CT), Friday, June 19, 2009
Viewing Period: Monday, June 22, 2009 - Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Live Teleconference: 12:00 p.m. (CT), Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This web seminar provides an overview of the Generally Accepted
Recordkeeping PrinciplesSM and explores practical implications for an
organization's information management program. It is only through the
information an organization records that it can know what it has done
and effectively plan what it will do in the future. In the world of
business today, it is critical for businesses to achieve this level of
transparency and accountability through compliant recordkeeping. To
achieve this, the RIM professional must be able to effectively
communicate the significance of these principles to senior level
management.

Upon completion of this web seminar, participants will be able to:
1.	Summarize the Generally Accepted Recordkeeping PrinciplesSM and
their significance to the RIM profession
2.	Explain the value of using Generally Accepted Recordkeeping
PrinciplesSM to measure your organization's progress toward a compliant
enterprise-wide program
3.	Outline an effective strategy for communicating the Generally
Accepted Recordkeeping PrinciplesSM to your organization's executive
management
4.	Describe the challenges of presenting proposals based on the
principles to executives and boards

Facilitator Biography:
Fred A. Pulzello, CRM, has 20 years of experience in information
management. He was most recently executive director and global corporate
information manager for Morgan Stanley Inc. Prior to this position he
was assistant vice president of the corporate records management group
for Merrill Lynch & Co. Pulzello is also the treasurer of ARMA
International. He earned a master's degree in business administration
from Seton Hall University and a bachelor's degree in computer
information systems from Manhattan College.
To participate, you MUST register by 12:00 p.m. (CT), Friday, June 19,
2009.
https://www.arma.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=EduRedirect&evt_key=B
CD47B33-5C65-4B2E-874A-0BADFA153DF6&etp_key=0317B1CB-A206-4015-B717-7F87
157820E5

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager