From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:22:57 -0400
How do you use GARP?
I for one believe that it can be shaped into a company standard on records keeping.  Not a verbatium quote, but to use some of these as fundamentals for the actual records keepers (the people that actually deal with information on a daily basis) to tailor their work habits to make some sense of this whole business of having the right stuff at the right time and then get rid of it when it is no longer needed.

Truthfully, not many corporate records management departments actually "manage record".  We use the bully pulpit, coersion, whine and whedle and do anything we can to get those that do records keep, to do it better.  After all whether employees know it or not they practice records management and records keepting every day -- just not very well.

Anyway I'm taking a crack at putting the GARP's (it more than one plural?) into some kind of standard.  Whether anyone will actually accept it as something to strive for that remains to be seen.

Tom Owens
RIM practionier