From:
"Rifenbark, Deb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:43:44 -0500
I can't speak to knowing all state/federal requirements, but my personal thought is that the content is non-record.  I see this type of software as simply another tool that aids us to quickly produce what is needed.  It is the document or result set that it generates that should be captured in a DMS or RMS if the document matches the record definition for the organization, not the parts.  The body parts themselves if standardized should be captured as a record by the initial creator of the part establishing the standard for the organization.  Hard to define in a quick email, but hopefully, provides food for thought.

Would be interested in others thoughts.....

Deb Rifenbark, CRM

Deb Rifenbark, CRM
Chief Records Officer
Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
1201 Walnut Street, Suite 2900
Kansas City, MO 64106-2150
Direct: (816) 691-2616
Fax: (816) 412-8177
http://www.stinson.com/

Working for a Greener Tomorrow

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or disclose the contents to others.