From:
"Bass,Sheryl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:03:18 -0400
The applications are referenced infrequently (3-4 times/month); when
they are, it's usually because someone owes the library hundreds of
dollars and they are complaining that they either never signed anything
stating that they will pay, or claim that they aren't responsible for
the acquiring their card in the first place.  We usually retrieve the
signed applications to prove otherwise.  This seems to be happening more
and more frequently in these hard economic times.

Going forward, we are changing the library card application to a
full-sheet, one-sided document, but we still need a storage solution,
since I estimate that we currently have about 450 cubic ft of records to
store and sift through and the number is growing.