From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:45:00 -0500
I was on a trip into rural North Korea last week and had an interesting
conversation with one of our "minders." The digital camera has taken off
in North Korea but of course computers are not as common. The minder was
asking me how I store my photographs. I explained that I stored them on
remote drives and DVD as well as on the Internet. He told me that he
stores them on his SD cards and prints the photos he needs at a photo
print shop in Pyongyang. He wondered how long the SD cards last and if
anyone else stores them on the cards. I really saw SD cards as a transit
medium. I never really thought about storing them on the cards.

How long would a card last? Does anyone else know of storage on SD cards
in Third World countries?

Ray

Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr. CRM, CA, CIPP

Director of Records Services/Information Security Officer

University of Illinois Foundation

Harker Hall, MC-386

1305 West Green Street

Urbana, IL 61801