From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:31:12 -0400
Here is a piece of an article from "Good Morning Silicon Valley" concerning this issue.

On Saturday, in a post that started as an apology for recent Sidekick data disruptions, T-Mobile dropped this bomb: "Regrettably, based on Microsoft/Danger's latest recovery assessment of their systems, we must now inform you that personal information stored on your device — such as contacts, calendar entries, to-do lists or photos — that is no longer on your Sidekick almost certainly has been lost as a result of a server failure at Microsoft/Danger. That said, our teams continue to work around-the-clock in hopes of discovering some way to recover this information. However, the likelihood of a successful outcome is extremely low. ... We recognize the magnitude of this inconvenience. Our primary efforts have been focused on restoring our customers' personal content. We also are considering additional measures for those of you who have lost your content to help reinforce how valuable you are as a T-Mobile customer. We continue to advise customers to NOT reset their device by removing the battery or letting their battery drain completely, as any personal content that currently resides on your device will be lost."

Tom Owens
RIM Services