From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:31:20 -0500
Doug,

I agree with you and have already voted with my feet. During our last re-organization I asked to join our IT department and it was approved. I found them to be a very welcoming group (granted, we are a small company and all knew each other already for years). But now rather than trying to meet with them on issues, I am in there already. We now talk about issues as a normal course of our everyday work life. And it is working out very well.

I understand that this may not be possible for everyone, because of your size and organizational setup. Also, egos of department heads might get in the way. (In my case, egos were "left at the door.") But Doug's points should be very well taken by anyone who wishes to integrate themselves (RIM) more completely into their organization's operations.

Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA