From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:36:52 -0600
This might be too general and not helpful immediately, but when negotiating with any vendor, nearly anything is negotiable depending on negotiating skills which often depend much on leverage.  Vendors will say and likely believe certain parts of their pricing structure are non-negotiable, but I've learned that most of those have been negotiated for someone.

Another pointer to bring up is when you're negotiating with an offsite storage vendor, especially the one which has the largest inventory, your first best chance to negotiate is always before your inventory is moved.  Always involve other vendors, never reveal your current or other offered pricing, so that they offer pricing with only their own knowledge of the market.  Negotiate your liability terms very carefully and involve legal to assure the company understands the risk and the commitment to the vendor.  Try your best to find a legitimate competitor you would be comfortable with and you will become a much better negotiator.  Good luck with finding a solution in your situation.