From:
Vickie Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:54:45 -0800
Hi All,

This is a request for advice and/or information regarding  a decision to
either insource vs.outsource the storage of inactive records.

I am the Corporate Records Manager for a large electronics manufacturing
company. We have over 120 manufacturing or design centers all over the
globe. Until now each site has managed their records individually. We
have developed new policies and a new record retention schedule which we
are currently rolling out to each site.

I see that it would certainly be much easier to outsource. The expense
to store records with a vendor is only minimum, but I also see that the
fees incurred to recall records....especially for permanent withdrawal
because the records have met their full lifecycle is quite expensive. It
seems all fees incurred by vendors other than storage are expensive.

What I am looking for is information from someone who has met the
challenge somewhere in their career where they had to make a decision
about whether to develop their own records centers, or should we
consolidate to one vendor and outsource the storage of our business
records? Or....if this was an option in your organization which route
would you choose and why?

Thanks,

Vickie Green

Flextronics International

Corporate Records Manager

Legal Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message