From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:34:49 -0500
Martin, you said "Finding speakers isn't too complex I think."

It depends on what sort of speakers you want to get.

I find that most speakers from the IT industry simply fail to comprehend the time scale that records managers and, especially, archivists, historians, and archeologists consider, which merely begins at decades and goes on through centuries to millennia.

The common IT saying " 'forever' is until the next version of Windows or 5 years, whichever comes first" exemplifies the scale of this cultural gap.

But I applaud your willingness to try, and thank you for it. I can suggest a couple of speakers, such as Jean-Francois Blanchette of UCLA.

Have a great weekend.

Fred