From:
Paul Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:22:26 -0500
Robert:

Articles of Agreement or Incorporation are permanent government records
in NH.  They are filed with local city and town clerks as well as with
the Secretary of State's Office and are listed in our state's municipal
records retention law.

We also file by-laws with the relevant Articles of Agreement and retain
those permanently as well.  (There may be a legal purpose in knowing
what by-laws were in effect at a specific time during that company's
history.)

It was not clear to me what institution or organization you were
inquiring on behalf of, however (e.g., a business or other facility such
as a library).  If you are talking about copies of articles of agreement
pertaining to a defunct business but which are on file with the
appropriate government agency, then there might not be any need to
retain your copy other than for historical or informational purposes.

I concur with Elizabeth: check your own state's laws or regulations as
they pertain to the retention of this type of record.

Paul R. Bergeron, CA, CMC
City Clerk
229 Main Street
Nashua, NH  03060