From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:13:55 -0800
Nishika, we have been utilizing a similar service for decades, generally
sending out 10 pallets of boxes (500 boxes) at a time, and destroying as
many as 70 tons per year. Usually companies want you to generate this
kind of volume to offer this type of service. Our volume is generated
from our records center. A mobile shredding process would be too
expensive and impractical. Primary things to look for in this "plant
based" process are secure transport and storage; also potential use of
third parties for destruction.

The National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) has a
certification process for this plant based form of destruction. You can
get the details at:

http://www.naidonline.org/

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Records Management Program
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Gresham, OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741
fax: (503)988-3754