From:
robin tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:22:49 -0800
"We did not destroy or discard any records last year.  We sent EVERYTHING to you, for storage."

Under the Florida Public Records Law, we have to report volume of records destroyed every year.

Schools and departments will send a signed, witnessed statement that they did not discard or destroy a single record over the past year, including duplicates.

This is a great document to have on file when there is an audit, subpoena, or public records request.

When we do a follow-up visit, the first thing we do is check their wastebaskets.

Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools

. . . .enjoying another beautiful day in sunny Florida!