From:
Jay Maechtlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:35:02 -0800
WALLIS Dwight D wrote:

> This, by the way, is one of the reasons I regret the fact that most
> county recording functions have moved away from recorders of any
> document for posterity (for a fee, of course), to primarily recorders of
> real estate documentation. This was done for efficiency sake, but I
> think it undermines one of the fundamental reasons such a function was
> originally conceived: as an impartial recorder/protector of records,
> particularly between different parties, and as a permanent repository of
> same. Our own recording office won't record wills, for example.
yes, and unfortunate it is.
Should someone pass, you better be able to come up with a copy of the
right document!
Dad just passed, and had done a (living) trust about 10-15 years ago.
Dad's house and investments are owned by the trust.
Apparently Dad hadn't sent copies to any of us, including my sister who
was backup trustee. (original trustee passed in '03).
The only copy we (eventually) found was in Mom's things, and she passed
in '02.
Saved!
Sure would have been nice to have that a public record.
cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen