From:
Terri Scovill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:59:00 -0400
I work for a company in which I am responsible for the records for 16 facilities
ranging through multiple states, locations in Mexico and in Canada. Although
many records are electronic, there are still a lot of hard copy documents. I
know that certain laws prevent moving some documents from Canada and
Mexico into the states but I haven't found anything concerning our quality
documents. (Manufacturing company with testing, inspection records
maintained for 20 years)

Another spin is that our lawyers that represent these companies all reside
within the states. When documentation is needed, they come to me and I
basically do their discovery. Also, an option of adding individuals with my job
into these countries is not going to happen due to budget. I am wondering if
anyone knows of laws that restrict these types of records being sent to my
location. It is difficult at best to control them now. BUt having them all
maintained where I have limited access is a large concern for me. Has anyone
had experience with this they would like to share?

Thanks!
Terri Scovill