From:
"Niss, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:08:21 -0400
I would like to second what everyone has said about
including/highlighting the staff.  I would definitely identify as many
original workers - at all levels - as possible and bring them in for an
event.  We have two weeks of Employee Recognition here each year and one
event is for people celebrating milestone anniversaries of 25, 30, 35,
etc. years on staff.  We even have a 50 year celebrant this year.  We
have a ceremony with videos showing images from the Archives and I do a
voice over of what was happening during each anniversary year.  We ask
celebrants to bring us a photo of themselves from around when they
started and we do a then and now PowerPoint to this really
wonderful/hokey Louis Armstrong song about time going by so fast.  We
record volunteers to come in and talk about their recollections of Mount
Sinai over the years.  It is really wonderful and with very minimal
equipment.

You might also check out the Archives listserv.  They have discussed
anniversaries before.  Good luck!

Barbara J. Niss
Archives & Records Management Div.
Levy Library Box 1102