Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:59:29 -0400
Am I missing something in regards to the Quon decision? &nbsp;Isn't the point that if an employee uses a device from an employer for personal purposes-- or for professional purposes-- the employee does not have a right to privacy? &nbsp;It's a no-brainer. &nbsp;More disturbing is the fact that 25 out of 28 daily texts were personal. &nbsp;I wonder if the other 3 &nbsp;messages were related to lunch or breaks.

As for the explicit nature of the texts to his mistress and wife, is there an obscenity law prohibiting that in the same way that the FCC regulates over-the-air radio&amp;tv transmissions? &nbsp;
Is it the device (pager/cellphone) or the messages that are at issue?

David Kay