From:
Paul Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:25:04 -0400
The following Call for speakers is being sent to the listserv as a
service to the Chair of IIMC's Records Management Committee
(International Institute of Municipal Clerks).  IIMC's 2011 conference
will be held in Nashville May 8 - 12.  Generally speaking, IIMC does not
offer honoraria or travel expenses for concurrent education session
speakers, so this call might only be of interest to those who reside in
the general Nashville area.  Thank you for your consideration.

Paul R. Bergeron, CA, CMC
City Clerk
229 Main Street
Nashua, NH  03060
603-589-3004
---------------------

Hello everyone!

The Records Management Committee is suggesting topics for the Nashville
conference.
We've identified a couple of topics that we think would be best done as
a panel and would love to have Clerks do the presentations.
The topics are:

Records Management for small cities:
How to do RM with few resources/staff, how to set up a small RM program,
best practices for small cities, what resources are out there to help,
joining forces with nearby municipalities, etc.

and

Email Archiving:
What techniques, procedures and/or software work for you (we'd like to
explore several), how did you get buy-in from staff/elected officials,
small cities perspective, other resources, etc.

If you would be willing/interested in being a panel member, please email
me at : [log in to unmask]  by Tuesday, June 29th. We also need
people willing to be the coordinator for the panel, if the topic is
selected.
Once I have heard from the potential speakers, we will submit the topic
to the conference planning committee for their approval. Please be aware
that the conference committee makes all the final selections for
presentations, however they do appreciate the input our committee
provides on Records Management issues.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at
575-748-8290.

Thanks for considering our request!

Lisa Johnston
Chair, Records Management Committee
Artesia NM
575-748-8290

*************************************
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL:  This message from the City of Artesia is
intended only for the use of the addressees shown above.
It contains information that may be privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
notified that the copying, use or distribution of any information or
material transmitted in or with this message is strictly prohibited.  If
you received this message by mistake, please
immediately email or call us collect at (575)746-2122 and delete/destroy
the original message.