From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:18:45 -0400
I actually think it would be a good thing if this occurred as it would stop some of the useless email we receive each day. Even within our own copy, I am copied on information I do not need to see but am now forced to read. If they had to think before they CC a person it would be good.

The IT guys who want to keep all things forever will kill a company with the first lawsuit. Controlling what every employee says is impossible and keeping it forever would lose context.  As we see with group emails, people take things different.  If email has taught me anything is the varying degrees of intelligence that exist in the work place.

I think a nickel per email and for each person copied would be effective in returning efficiency to the work place. The U.S. government could have earned $9.30 just from this mornings junk mail. Plus make it 25¢ for anything coming from countries deemed internet threats and this would force offenders to clean up their own acts.  This could solve the deficit.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM