From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:12:19 -0400

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
<<

Crystal,

The only advice I can give without knowing the specifics of the training
or records, would be to try to compartmentalize them by the subject of
the training. For examples, records of training for staff on software
used in the company would probably require a short retention, whereas
training on your HR policies or safety (esp. hazardous materials) would
merit a longer retention. I cannot find an OSHA retention on training
files for hazardous materials, but I know the retention requirement for
the medical files of employees who work with hazardous materials is 30
years (29 CFR 1910.1020(d)(1)(i)). Think about the subject that is being
trained, and then the period in which you might have to prove that you
trained someone on that subject, and/or the information that the
training contained.

Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA