From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:48:52 -0700
In my practise I used to work with both types of folders.
The only thing I can say - it depends...

If  the box is with the top cover, like "Bankers Box® PRESTO™ Storage Boxes - Letter/Legal" the top-tab folders are easy for search.
I remember standard boxes with 150 file folders and it was not a problem to find the file at all when they sit in order.

For the box with side cover, end-tab folders are the best, especially, if the coloured labels are used.
Also, I think that it is the standard to apply barcode label on the file during transferring files to the records centre.
It helps keep truck of the file folders - location inside the box -location inside the record centre.
I remember that somebody asked about "radio controlled" labels few weeks ago.
In this situation, the item could be located in the total darkness when it is necessary.

Regards,

Alex Babin

The heavy rain in Toronto is over now and it is sunny outside