From:
"Malone, Barry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:02:53 -0400
Greetings all.  I previously subscribed to this listserv and dropped off
for a period of time.  My travels over the past 20+ years has taken me
to four different industries; BMY Combat Systems (Defense Contracting),
Capital Blue Cross (Health Insurance), Wyeth (Pharmaceutical) and now
Comcast (Cable/Communication/Entertainment).

I would appreciate the group's opinion on retention research as I
prepare a Pros and Cons statement for my management.

I understand no one resource should be the basis for our retention
decisions.  What I'd like to argue is that my current team with the
right retention research software can provide the same authentic and
reliable results as an external contracted resource doing a refresh of
an existing schedule.

Your thoughts appreciated pros and cons, internal research vs. external
resource etc.

Good to be back

Thanks and Best Regards
Barry