From:
Andrew Warland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:01:41 +1000
TRIM was born in the mid 1980's in Canberra (capital of Australia) as
a system to manage physical records.  Many many Government agencies in
Australia use TRIM to manage their physical records only, and many
have moved to the management of electronic records now using the
system as well.  Where I work (Australian local government agency,
1,700 employees) we use TRIM to manage 1 million or so physical
records and about 1.5 million electronic documents.  We are looking at
what Sharepoint 2010 can do to replace some/all of the functionality
for managing electronic records but it doesn't do physical as well as
TRIM does.

Andrew Warland
Sydney, Australia
(My views entirely)