From:
Records Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:38:44 -1000
Mahalo Uncle Larry!

Your warm welcome to my students is greatly appreciated and they're
already referring to you as "Uncle Larry", as we are accustomed to
referring to our "kupunas" (i.e. elders & knowledgeable ones) in the
islands.

My students are relative "neophytes" to our profession (i.e. they've had
a beginning "filing class", so its great that you haven't scared them
away or admonished them for their apparent ignorance of "protocol" on
the List.  I assure you that my students are "learning" about the
records and information management industry from the ground up.  Any
help along the way from our esteemed colleagues (such as yourself) is
extremely appreciated, especially since many RIM practitioners started
in the profession by "falling into" records jobs and had to grope around
for guidance.

I'd like to think no question is a "stupid" one, so hopefully, everyone
will excuse my students as they try to get a handle on the various
topics and concerns within our profession...

You definitely show your Hawaiian roots with the "Aloha" you've
displayed and my students appreciate that...

Mahalo,

Brian

Lecturer
Leeward Community College

And

Brian A. Moriki
Assistant Vice-President & Manager
OSD - Records Management Department
First Hawaiian Bank
P.O. Box 1959
Honolulu, HI 96805
email: [log in to unmask]

**The views and thoughts expressed are solely "my own" and not
representative of my employers, Leeward Community College, ARMA
International.**