From:
Walt Stoelting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:52:36 -0400
Rob,

If for no other reason than just to say you did, you have to take a ride on the Cable Car.  The view from the top of the hill on the Hyde Street line is breathtaking.  I would also recommend Coit Tower, probably the best view in a city full of spectacular views.  Just south of San Francisco on Hwy1 is the Moss Beach Distillery (mossbeachdistillery.com‎).  If you can make it there for sunset its worth the drive and the mediocre food.

If your interests are maritime, the National Maritime Museum and the USS Pampano as well as the last of the WWII Liberty Ships the Jeremiah O'Brien (http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org/).

Enjoy one of the greatest cities in the world

Walt