From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:15:37 -0600
.is the focus of a blog post and contest(?) at AIIM, titled "An #ECM Urban
Legend -- Or Ironically, "Does anyone have the actual Document?" John
Mancini, President of AIIM International, is offering a year's Professional
membership ($125 value) to anyone who can deliver the actual report to him.
Note that intellectual property still applies - if you are that magic person
that has the magic report, don't forward it to John - but do contact him
directly at [log in to unmask] I and others have reminded him and others
of the nature of the study - a) oft-cited but never seen, and b) certainly
outdated by now except that we haven't seen any better statistics in this
area.

He's also looking for an original citation for the statistic that 80% of
data is unstructured.

The blog post can be found here:
http://aiim.typepad.com/aiim_blog/2010/10/lies-damn-lies-and-statistics-or-a
n-adventure-in-records-management.html