From:
"Sheaman, Shawna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:44:36 -0600
The Mile High Chapter of ARMA is proud to present 'Records Management at RTD' presented by Mr. Brian Starck, CRM

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Times:
Registration begins at 11:00, Buffet lunch begins at 11:15, Meeting begins at 11:45 with announcements. The presentation immediately follows. All times are scheduled and will begin promptly as indicated.

Location:
The Summit Conference & Event Center
411 Sable Blvd North (next to the Hobby Lobby)
Aurora, CO

Session Overview:

"We have an interesting dynamic here at (Denver) RTD. As a special taxing district we are somewhat of a government agency. We currently operate two modes of transportation (buses and light rail). We have to satisfy retention periods under various state, federal and industry guidelines. We have bonds, grants, IGA's, MOU's and a litany of other alphabet soup acronyms that have to be considered. And if that were not enough, we are in the midst of one of the largest transportation construction projects in the nation which will be adding a third mode of transportation (commuter rail)."

So what is RTD's vision for meeting current operational needs of the district and up to the minute needs of a fast-track construction project? Brian Starck, Document Control Manager at RTD, will discuss RTD's upcoming implementation of SharePoint 2010 as a user interface to its Documentum repository and his department's plans going forward. Attendee participation will be highly encouraged!

Presenter Biography:

Brian Starck is currently the Document Control Manager at the Regional Transportation District in Denver, Colorado. He has been working in the records management industry for over 17 years. Prior to joining RTD in 2008, Mr. Starck worked on records projects at Denver International Airport, Level3 Communications, Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site and has worked as a consultant with Qwest Communications and Xcel Energy. He is a past President of the Mile High Chapter of ARMA International and currently serves ARMA International as Treasurer for the Midwest/Rocky Mountain Region. He attained his CRM in July 2002.

Shawna Sheaman, RIM Manager
RE/MAX World Headquarters- Denver Colorado