From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:35:29 -0700
In today's Washington Post...

<snip>
We have a new computer system here in the Washington Post newsroom.
Actually, it's a "content management system" or CMS. Because we now
showcase our stories - er, content - in so many ways, on so many
different platforms, we need a tool that can speed the content
wherever it needs to go: the newspaper, the Web, your mobile phone,
that chip the government implanted in your brain.

That's what a CMS does. Think of it as one of those Play-Doh
accessories where you rotate a wheel and press a lever to extrude the
clay in different shapes. Want a long, triangular tube? Schwoop. Want
a long, star-shaped tube? Schwoop. Want a long, blog-shaped tube?
Schwoop.
<snip>

http://snipurl.com/1bd0eu

From wet and dreary Southern California.