From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:42:12 -0700
Generally speaking, I would suggest that you start with the most common data
types (file shares, email, document management systems, etc.). Over the long
haul, you should add in large computer applications, but I think it is safe to
say that most organizations will start with the systems that contain documents
most frequently requested and then you can go from there.

Keep in mind that you probably have a retention schedule as well, so that will
supplement your initial data maps, although most are too detailed with document
types and not detailed enough in terms of describing where and how the records
are maintained.
 Patrick Cunningham, CRM, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell