From:
"Dolan, Joyce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:48:52 -0400
Over the past year, I have gained a wealth of information from all of you.  This is my first posting.  By way of introduction, I am the Manager, Records and Information Management Systems for the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (a/k/a Amtrak) and am responsible for maintaining the corporation's records throughout the United States.  Prior to my employment at Amtrak, I worked for CSX Transportation as their Assistant Corporate Secretary in Jacksonville, FL, during which I earned a Master's Degree in Computer Resources and Information Management from Webster University.

I am currently working with our Information Technologies Department to implement EMC's Documentum product throughout the corporation.  We are considering whether it would be more practical to set up a folder structure based on department or business function.    Have any of you had experience with such an implementation and if so, would you be willing to share your thoughts on what has, or has not, worked for you regarding folder structure?

Thanks for all you do to keep us up to date on relevant issues surrounding our profession, and especially for the humor which occasionally accompanies it.  For those of you going to San Francisco, have a great time!

Joyce A. Dolan
Manager, Records and Information Management Systems
Amtrak
60 Massachusetts Ave, NE, #3E144
Washington, DC  20002
Phone:  202-906-3215
Fax:  202-906-2004
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>