Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:19:23 -0600
Well said, Larry!

For long-term preservation of digital records, one tactic useful in some
situations is computer output to microfilm (COM).  Unstructured info,
including its metadata, is written directly onto film in OCR font.  It
can later be returned to digital with relative ease and precision.
Filmed spreadsheets can be dropped back into digital spreadsheets
including formulae.

I never thought all of that microform stuff on the CRM exam would prove
so useful.

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
Plainview, MN USA