From:
Ilona Koti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:05:25 -0800
FYI on Google Buzz

Google rarely contacts Gmail users via email, but we are making an
exception to let you know that we've reached a settlement in a lawsuit
regarding Google Buzz (http://buzz.google.com), a service we launched
within Gmail in February of this year.

Shortly after its launch, we heard from a number of people who were
concerned about privacy. In addition, we were sued by a group of Buzz users
and recently reached a settlement in this case.

The settlement acknowledges that we quickly changed the service to address
users' concerns. In addition, Google has committed $8.5 million to an
independent fund, most of which will support organizations promoting
privacy education and policy on the web. We will also do more to educate
people about privacy controls specific to Buzz. The more people know about
privacy online, the better their online experience will be.

Just to be clear, this is not a settlement in which people who use Gmail
can file to receive compensation. Everyone in the U.S. who uses Gmail is
included in the settlement, unless you personally decide to opt out before
December 6, 2010. The Court will consider final approval of the agreement
on January 31, 2011. This email is a summary of the settlement, and more
detailed information and instructions approved by the court, including
instructions about how to opt out, object, or comment, are available at
http://www.BuzzClassAction.com.

This mandatory announcement was sent to all Gmail users in the United
States as part of a legal settlement and was authorized by the United
States District Court for the Northern District of California.

Google Inc. | 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway | Mountain View, CA 94043

Mini Logo.tif

Ilona N. Koti

MLS, MS IM, CPC, CRM, PMP

Principal Consultant

 <http://www.cvcg.org> http://www.cvcg.org

Crystalview Consulting Group / Records & Information Management Consulting /
2883 Forebay Road Pollock Pines, CA 95726 / 530 644-4577 Office / 408
705-8253 Mobile /  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]